9. The limits of human endurance follow the rule of 3
You can go three minutes without air; three hours in extreme conditions without shelter; three days without water; and three weeks without food. Assuming you’re breathing, then your priorities in a survival situation are shelter, water, food, in that order.
10. Water won’t extinguish an oil fire.
If your fryer catches fire, don’t throw water at it as that will spread the oil and the fire. Instead, cover the pot and turn the burner off.
11. Any month that begins on a Sunday will have a Friday 13th.
It’s true – go on, count it out.
12. World War One officially ended on October 3 2010.
That was the day that Germany paid its final reparations under the Treaty of Versailles.
13. On average 2500 left-handed people die each year from using products designed for right-handed people.
14. Goldfish bowls are a bad place to keep goldfish
Most goldfish bowls are far too small for the fish. Each goldfish needs about 10 gallons of water to get sufficient oxygen. Looked after properly, goldfish can live for 20 years.
15. Mommy brain is a real thing.
During pregnancy a woman’s brain can shrink and then take 6 months after giving birth to recover. You know, the first 6 months of the baby’s life when the new mom is getting very little sleep. No wonder they can be forgetful or confused occasionally!