9. 77% of Americans have a smartphone.
10. The US immigration backlog is shocking: 4.4 visa applications are pending.
11. Money doesn’t buy a happy marriage. Spending $20,000 on a wedding increases the odds of divorce by 3.5 times, compared to couples who keep it between $5,000 and $10,000.
12. At any given moment in the United States, there are two million impaired people on the road.
13. 156 men and women have been exonerated from death row since 1973.
14. A child in a professional family will have heard 20 million more words by age four than a child in middle class family. She’ll have heard 35 more million words than a child in a family who receives welfare assistance.
15. 94% of Americans fail to exercise for 30 minutes per day. A Cooking Light survey revealed that only 6% of respondents managed to do the recommended amount of exercise, though 22% did exercise up to four times per week.