11. ‘Spoonfed’ is the longest word whose letters are in reverse alphabetical order.
12. In written English, every 510th letter is a Q.
13. ‘I am’ is the shortest complete sentence in English.
14. A pangram is a sentence that contains every letter in the alphabet. E.g: The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
15. The word “swims“ is an ambigram as it reads the same upside down.
16. ‘Shivviness’ is an old Yorkshire word for the uncomfortable feeling of wearing new underwear.
17. A new word is added to the English language about every two hours.
18. The longest modern word without a vowel is ‘rhythms’. There used to be a longer word ‘twyndyllyngs’ (meaning a twin) but it is now obsolete.
19. n auto-logical word is a word that describes itself like ‘unhyphenated’.
20. The combination of letters ‘o-u-g-h’ is pronounced nine different ways in English. Observe: ‘A rough-coated, dough-faced, thoughtful ploughman strode through the streets of Scarborough; after falling into a slough, he coughed and hiccoughed.’