1. The food pyramid
It’s no longer pyramid of the perfect diet – its now a plate as we should eat equal amounts of whole grains, lean meats, veggies, and fruits.
2. We have 5 senses
We actually have many senses – how about a sense of balance, a sense of time, a sense of temperature, sense of pain, etc.
3. Brontosaurus didn’t exist
Except that it did (https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-brontosaurus-is-back1/)
4. Success in school is key to success in life
Of course, you could try telling that to Bill Gates, Richard Branson, Simon Cowell…uuhu
5. Your tongue has taste zones
No, you don’t taste salt at he tip of your tongue and sour on the left, it’s all taste, all the time.
6. Cracking your knuckles will give you arthritis
It’s just the expansion of gas in your joints. No biggie.
7. You won’t always have a calculator with you
Apart from your phone, of course.
8. Pluto is a planet
We will never forget, Pluto.
9. Glass is a slow-moving liquid
It’s an amorphous solid.
10. You can’t start a sentence with ‘because’ or ‘and’.
Because you can, as it happens. And everyone knows that.